Know anyone coming to Baton Rouge for orientation this summer? We’ve got a ton of tips and tricks on how to survive that you can share with your friends. Visit our Orientation Survival Guide for our recommendations on what to do, where to stay, what to bring, and how to get an exclusive Orientation Survival Kit from one of our communities!
- We’ll be hard at work this month preparing our property to be a beautiful community you’ll love to live at next year. Don’t forget to tidy up your unit upon preparing to move out!
- Keep an eye out for notices of maintenance and/or vendors entering your unit. Note that all animals should be kept in a confined area of your unit or in a kennel. This is for the safety of your pet and our staff. Thank you.
Reminders & Updates
- Yes, it’s not too late to renew! Renew today to ensure your spot for next year! Ask our staff about renewal and new lease specials.
- Pet owners:
- All pets must be on a leash when out and about.
- No pets allowed at the pool.
- Please pick up after your pooch! We have pet stations with doggie bags scattered throughout the property for you. Please utilize this.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Resume Review — All Month — Anytime this month, bring in your resume or email it to our Resident Experience Department at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and we’ll review, critique, and return your resume to you. Here at The Lodges, we care about your future and your success!
Popsicle Pool Party — July 1 from 2–4 p.m. — If you find yourself relaxing at the pool, you can enjoy your choice of our supply of assorted, tasty popsicles!
Farewell Bucket — July 3 — Haven’t renewed and are moving out? This event is for you! We’ll raffle away a “farewell bucket” that will contain items to help pack your belongings, clean your unit, and say thank you for living with us. The raffle box will be located in our clubhouse, and we’ll announce the winners on July 14.
Movie Monday — July 3 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool to join us for a movie on the big screen under the stars! Vote on the movie of your choice on our Facebook poll. Food and beverages will be provided.
Cutest Pet Contest — July 5 — Email firstname.lastname@example.org a photo of your pet! We’ll upload the photos to our Facebook page. At the end of the month, between the most likes and the votes of our staff, we’ll select the cutest pet! The owner of the winning pet will have the opportunity to do a short interview of themselves and their pet with us, which we will upload to our Facebook page. The winner will be announced July 21 and receive a $20 gift card to Petco!
National Sugar Cookie Day — July 9 from noon–4 p.m. — Help yourself to a delicious Insomnia sugar cookie! Find them in the lobby of our clubhouse.
Movie Monday — July 10 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool to join us for a movie on the big screen under the stars! Vote on the movie of your choice on our Facebook poll. Food and beverages will be provided.
Sun’s Out, Buns Out — July 14 — We’ll be hosting a summer-themed barbecue for those who haven’t moved out yet! While you’re here, relax on our fun floats in the pool!
National Ice Cream Day — July 16 from noon–2 p.m. — Come out and enjoy some scoops on us in celebration of National Ice Cream Day!
Movie Monday — July 17 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool to join us for a movie on the big screen under the stars! Vote on the movie of your choice on our Facebook poll. Food and beverages will be provided.
Birthday Bash — July 21 from 4–6 p.m. — The Cupcake Allie cupcake truck will provide cupcakes to celebrate all our residents’ birthdays this month. *Must have a July birthday to receive a free cupcake. Please bring proof of ID.*