We hope you all are breezing through finals as our fall semester comes to a close. We care about your future and success, so we have a ton of events planned to help you through finals week! Please see the calendar in this newsletter. May your hearts be merry and bright this season that you share with us.
- You may place work orders through your online portal accounts. If you have any further questions, please call the office.
- If you need any assistance connecting your internet and/or cable, call Cox Community Care at (855) 512-8876 or visit the online support at cox.com/communitycare.
- Keep an eye out for notices of maintenance and/or vendors who may be entering your unit. Note that all animals should be kept in a confined area of your unit or in a kennel. This is for the safety of your pet and our staff. Thank you.
Reminders & Updates
Do you have a friend looking for a home? It’s not too late to sign a lease and move in this year! Ask our office about current move-in specials.
Renew your lease today to guarantee your spot for next year! Keep an eye out for renewal offers to come.
- You must register any pets to your lease.
- All pets must be on a leash when out and about.
- No pets are allowed at the pool.
- Please pick up after your pooch! We have pet stations with doggie bags scattered throughout the property for you. Please utilize this.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
Sweater Weather — December 1–8 — Tag us on Facebook and/or Instagram with your funniest or most creative picture of what it means for you to get into the holiday spirit. The photo with the most likes will win a Starbucks gift card!
Feed Those in Need — December 1–20 — We’re partnering with the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank to host a canned food drive to help our community this holiday season. Canned goods may be dropped off in the donation box located in the clubhouse.
No Fear Finals Week — December 4–8 — Our coffee and hot cocoa bar is available to you 24/7! We’ll have a cereal bar open to you every morning from 9–11 a.m. We’ll also provide study materials and testing supplies for you during this week. Happy finals, and good luck!
Holiday Wish List — December 4–18 — Want to get exactly what you wish for this holiday season? Tell us what your heart desires! We’ll select one lucky resident and grant their wish! (Wish list items are limited to a $50 value.)
Late-Night Breakfast — December 6 from 9–11 p.m. — We’re serving waffles and a variety of tasty toppings! Visit us in our model cottage (unit 7-213) for a late-night breakfast/study break!
Frito Pie Night — December 7 from 6:30–8 p.m. — Want a nice, hot meal while you study? We’ll have homemade chili to make Frito pies in the clubhouse!
Birthday Bash — December 8 from 4–6 p.m. — We’ll have cupcakes in the clubhouse to celebrate our residents with December birthdays!
Movie Monday — December 11 from 7–9 p.m. — We’ll be screening a holiday movie in the upstairs clubhouse on the big screen! Pizza and drinks will be provided. Visit our Facebook page to vote on the holiday movie of your choice! The poll is listed under our Facebook event.
Front Porch Friday — December 15 from 6–7 p.m. — Visit us on our front porch for a tasty meal from The Jambalaya Shoppe! We encourage you to hang out on your own front porches to get to know your neighbors. The better we all know one another, the better our community will be!