We hope you’re enjoying your stay with us so far this year. We also hope you’re off to a great start for an academically successful year! If there’s anything you need to help you succeed, let us know what we can do.
- You may place work orders through your online portal accounts, which are now open. If you have any further questions, please call the office.
- If you need any assistance connecting your internet and/or cable, call Cox Community Care at (855) 512-8876 or visit the online support at cox.com/communitycare.
- Keep an eye out for notices of maintenance and/or vendors entering your unit. Note that all animals should be kept in a confined area of your unit or in a kennel. This is for the safety of your pet and our staff. Thank you.
Reminders & Updates
- Do you have a friend still looking for a home? It’s not too late to sign a lease and move in for this leasing term! Ask our office about current specials.
- Pet Owners:
- You must register any pets to your lease.
- All pets must be on a leash when out and about.
- No pets are allowed at the pool.
- Please pick up after your pooch! We have pet stations with doggie bags scattered throughout the property for you. Please utilize this.
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Guess the Score — Ends September 1 — Guess the score of the LSU vs. BYU game on September 2. The first person to guess the correct answer or is the closest will win a $50 gift card to the LSU Barnes & Noble!
Are You Jelly? — Ends September 5 — Guess the number of jelly beans in the jar for a chance to win a $20 gift card to Lit Pizza!
Penny War — All Month — Compete among unit zones and get as many points as possible during the war! The money raised will be donated to Relay For Life.
Each unit zone (separated by buildings/thousands) will have a container that’s kept safe in the office. Residents from each zone will put their pennies in their zone’s container. One point is received for every penny in the container. Zones may put other coins and paper currency into the containers of OTHER zones. Each silver coin or bill reduces the points of that container by the amount of the coin; for example, a nickel reduces the points by five, and a dollar by 100. This is where strategy counts. Have fun with it! The unit zone with the most points at the end of the month will earn a prize for their zone!
Knock Knock — September 1 from 2–6 p.m. — Our resident directors will be going around units to check in! We want to know how your stay has been with us so far. We’ll also be passing around treats and handing out event calendars!
LSU Football Pool — September 4–9 — Choose your square any time this week! Your square will determine if you’ve won or lost at the end of every quarter of the LSU vs. Chattanooga game on September 9.
Dive-in Movie — September 4 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool to join us for a movie on the big screen under the stars! Food and beverages will be provided. In case of inclement weather, the movie will be held upstairs in the clubhouse.
National Cheese Pizza Day — September 5 @ 2 p.m. — Cheese pizza for everyone! While supplies last.
Get to Know Your Lodge — September 7–11 — We’re hosting a photo scavenger hunt for our new CAmpers! The first person to upload five photos from the following list will win a prize. CAmpers may take photos on the tennis courts; laid out by the pool; shooting hoops on the basketball court; in front of the clubhouse; in the study rooms; at both bus stops; at the dog park; and in the cardio room.
Free Food Friday — September 8 from 2–4 p.m. — Stop by the cabana for tasty burgers and hot dogs!
National Swap Ideas Day — September 10 from 9 a.m.–6 p.m. — Let us know what you want to see happen! Have an idea? Want to see something improve on the property? Tell us about it. We’ll have a suggestion box available for you in the office.
Community Campout — September 10 from 8–10 p.m. — Bring your blankets, bring your friends! Come enjoy a campout under the stars. We’ll have a movie playing on the big screen and tasty s’mores to go along with it. (This event will be hosted on the grassy area in front of our basketball court. We’ll be spraying the land to protect you from pesky mosquitos!)
Monday Morning Donuts — September 11 from 9–11 a.m. — Start your morning off right with a tasty breakfast! Donuts in the clubhouse.
Movie Monday — September 11 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool to join us for a movie on the big screen! Food and beverages will be provided. In case of inclement weather, the movie will be held upstairs in the clubhouse.
P.m. Pancakes — September 12 from 10–11 p.m. — We’ll serve a late-night breakfast to you in the homey setting of our model!
Poolside Popsicles — September 13 from 3–5 p.m. — Chill out by the pool and enjoy tasty popsicles!
Workout Wednesday — September 13 from 7–8 p.m. — Join us in the yoga studio for a BUTI yoga class by Dana Guillory, a fitness instructor from DEFINE Fitness. Come by for fun and fitness! Water will be provided. Please bring your own towel and yoga mat.
Free Food Friday — September 15 from 2–4 p.m. — Stop by the cabana for tasty burgers and hot dogs!
Bark for Life — September 16 — Make sure that you and your furry friends come out to enjoy a day of furry fun and festivities!
Lights, Camera, Professional Headshots — September 17 from 2:30–4:30 p.m. — We’re offering FREE professional headshots! Professional headshots hold many uses, like for your LinkedIn account. Some jobs/interviews may even request one. We care about your academic and professional success!
Happy Birthday, Lil Wayne — September 27 @ noon — Celebrate the rapper’s 35th birthday by enjoying lollipops in the clubhouse!
Birthday Bash — September 29 from 4–6 p.m. — The Cupcake Allie cupcake truck will provide cupcakes to celebrate all our residents’ birthdays this month. *Must have a September birthday to receive a free cupcake. Please bring proof of ID.*