Know anyone coming to Baton Rouge for orientation this summer? We’ve got a ton of tips and tricks on how to survive that you can share with your friends! Visit studentlivingbatonrouge.com/orientation-survival-guide for our recommendations on what to do, where to stay, what to bring, and how to get an exclusive Orientation Survival Kit from one of our communities!
— The Lodges at 777
- We will be hard at work this month preparing our property to be a beautiful community you’ll love to live at next year. Don’t forget to tidy up your apartment while preparing to move out.
- Keep an eye out for notices of maintenance and/or vendors entering your apartment. Note that all animals should be kept in a confined area of your apartment or in a kennel. This is for the safety of your pet and our staff. Thank you.
Reminders & Updates
- It’s not too late to renew! Renew today to ensure your spot for next year! Ask our staff about renewal and new lease specials.
- Pet owners:
- All pets must be on a leash when out and about.
- No pets are allowed at the pool.
- Please pick up after your pooch! We have pet stations with doggie bags scattered throughout the property for you to use.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Resume Review — All Month — Any time this month, bring in your resume or email it to our Resident Experience Department at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.We will both review, critique, and return your resume! Here at The Lodges, we care about your future and your success!
Popsicle Pool Party — July 1 from 2–4 p.m. — If you find yourself relaxing at the pool, you can enjoy your choice of our supply of assorted, tasty popsicles.
Movie Monday — July 1 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool and join us for a movie on the big screen under the stars! You will be able to vote on the movie we see on our Facebook poll. Food and beverages will be provided.
Farewell Bucket — July 3–14 — If you haven’t renewed and are moving out, we’ll be raffling away a farewell bucket that contains items to help pack your belongings, clean your apartment, and say thank you for living with us. The raffle box will be located in the clubhouse, and we will announce the winners on July 14.
Cutest Pet Contest — July 5–21 — Email email@example.com a photo of your pet! We will upload their photos to our Facebook page. Between the most likes and votes from our staff, we will select the cutest pet! The owner of the winning pet will have the opportunity to do a short interview of themselves and their pet with us, which we will upload to our Facebook page. The winner will be announced on July 21 and receive a $20 gift card to Petco!
Movie Monday — July 8 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool and join us for a movie on the big screen under the stars! You will be able to vote on the movie we see on our Facebook poll. Food and beverages will be provided.
National Sugar Cookie Day — July 9 from noon–4 p.m. — Help yourself to a delicious Insomnia sugar cookie! Find them in the lobby of our clubhouse.
Sun’s Out, Buns Out — July 14 — We will be hosting a summer-themed barbecue for those of you who haven’t moved out yet! While you’re here, relax on our fun floats in the pool!
Movie Monday — July 15 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool and join us for a movie on the big screen under the stars! You will be able to vote on the movie we see on our Facebook poll. Food and beverages will be provided.
National Ice Cream Day — July 16 from noon–2 p.m. — Come out and enjoy some scoops on us in celebration of National Ice Cream Day!
Birthday Bash — July 21 from 4–6 p.m. — The Cupcake Allie truck will provide cupcakes to celebrate all our residents’ birthdays this month. *Must have a July birthday to receive a free cupcake. Please bring proof of ID.*