Your CAmp Advantage counselors have been hard at work preparing your new homes for you. We hope this year will be the best one yet! We’ve got tons of CAmp activities planned. Check your CAmp itinerary inside your move-in packet (existing residents may pick one up in the office) for all our activities happening this month. Here at CAmp Advantage, we strive to see you succeed in your school, your life, and your future career! If there’s anything you would like to see happen at The Lodges this year, let us know!
- You may place work orders through your online portal accounts, which are now open. If you have any further questions, please call the office.
- If you need any assistance connecting your internet and/or cable, call Cox Community Care at (855) 512-8876 or visit the online support at cox.com/communitycare.
- Keep an eye out for notices of maintenance and/or vendors entering your unit. Note that all animals should be kept in a confined area of your unit or in a kennel. This is for the safety of your pet and our staff. Thank you.
Reminders & Updates
- Do you have a friend still looking for a home? It’s not too late to sign a lease and move in for this leasing term! Ask our office about current specials.
- Pet Owners:
- You must register any pets to your lease.
- All pets must be on a leash when out and about.
- No pets are allowed at the pool.
- Please pick up after your pooch! We have pet stations with doggie bags scattered throughout the property for you. Please utilize this.
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
Show Us Where You’re From — August 19 from 8 a.m.–6 p.m. — To celebrate our new residents, we’ll place maps out in the office. Put a pin in the map to show us where you’re from! It’s our goal to be your home away from home.
Welcome Bucket — August 19 — We’re raffling away a welcome bucket that contains items to help you settle in and to say thank you for choosing to live with us. The raffle box will be in our clubhouse, and we’ll announce the winners on August 24.
Campfire S’mores — August 19 from 8–9 p.m. — To welcome all our new campers, we’ll be making s’mores around a campfire by the pool.
Snowball Stand Sunday — August 20 from 3–5 p.m. — We’ll be serving snow cones at the cabana!
Movie Monday — August 21 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool and join us for a movie on the big screen under the stars! Food and beverages will be provided. *In case of inclement weather, the movie will be shown upstairs in the clubhouse.*
Back-to-School Bash — August 22 from 9 a.m.–6 p.m. — We’ll have goodie bags of supplies to help you gear up for the new semester!
Fitness Wednesday — August 23 from 7–8 p.m. — Join us in the yoga studio for a BUTI yoga class by Dana Guillory, a fitness instructor from DEFINE Fitness. Come by for fun and fitness! Sign-up available.
The Price Is Right (Grocery) — August 24 from 6–7:30 p.m. — We’ll host our own spin on The Price Is Right, but we’ll play it with groceries. The resident who guesses the closest price of each individual grocery item will win that item!
Birthday Bash — August 25 from 4–6 p.m. — The Cupcake Allie cupcake truck will provide cupcakes to celebrate all our residents’ birthdays this month. *Must have an August birthday to receive a free cupcake. Please bring proof of ID.*
Front Porch Friday — August 25 from 5–7 p.m. — We hope to make this a new monthly tradition! We’re inviting you to open your front porch to your neighbors. This can be with candy, music, or just a friendly smile. We’d just like to offer this opportunity for you to meet your neighbors and build a stronger community.
Welcome BBQ — August 25 from 5–7 p.m. — To go along with our Front Porch Friday, we’re going to open our front porch by having a barbecue at the cabana! Just as we hope you all get the chance to get to know your neighbors, we want to get to know you, as well.
Adoption Day — August 26 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. — For many, a new home wouldn’t be complete without a new furry friend! If you’re not looking for a new pet, stop by the front porch of our office anyway for sweet cuddles.
Pinterest Party — August 26 from 5–7 p.m. — Together, we’ll create wreaths for your front doors! We’re requiring signing up prior to Thursday, August 24. You may sign up at the front office or by emailing [email protected]
Paddle Board Yoga — August 27 from 10 a.m.–noon — Join us for a paddle board yoga session in the pool by Muddy Water Paddle Company! We’ll have four 30-minute sessions. Please sign up prior to Thursday, August 24 for the first three sessions. The fourth session will be kept available for walk-ins.
National Just Because Day — August 27 from 2–4 p.m. — Just because we love having you as our residents, we’ll have yummy snacks for you in the office.
Movie Monday — August 28 from 8–10 p.m. — Dive into the pool and join us for a movie on the big screen! Food and beverages will be provided. *In case of inclement weather, the movie will be shown upstairs in the clubhouse.*
Love Your Lodge Contest — August 28 — Tag us on Instagram @lodgesat777 with the best pictures of your newly decorated home. The photo with the most likes will win a $50 Hobby Lobby gift card! Winner will be announced September 4.
Breakfast on the Geaux — August 29 from 8 a.m.–noon — Stop by on your way to school for a yummy breakfast! To-go cereal boxes will be available with fresh milk in the clubhouse.
Grocery Bingo — August 29 from 6–7 p.m. — You’re invited to our bingo game night! We’ll play several rounds, and winners will receive bags of groceries!
Meat & Greet — August 30 from 2–4 p.m. — “Meat” your neighbors and camp directors at our cook out! We’ll be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs at the cabana.
National Trail Mix Day — August 31 from noon–2 p.m. — To celebrate National Trail Mix Day, you can create your own trail mix out of an assortment of trail mix goodies!